“Bizzare” is an understatement to adequately describe the year 2017. Being the year of Donald Trump and Dhinchak Puja, we know the world is certainly not headed in the right direction. Looking back at the past 12 months, it’s safe to say that Pedagoge has been nothing short of a madhouse either. Presenting, few instances we unanimously decided to share with the rest of the world!
1. When our website works perfectly well 24 X 7 but decides to crash the very day our CEO left us in charge to enjoy a vacation. That, my friends, is Murphy’s Law 101!
2. When we introduced an award called “hustler” of the month and people repeatedly voted for themselves! Narcissistic much?
3. When someone requested for a public speaking teacher for a 2-year-old. We wonder if “goo goo” “gaa gaa” qualifies as public speaking!
4. When we spent an afternoon celebrating our love for minions. Yes, because that’s what working adults do! Are you being ‘Despicable’ of this fact?
5. In order to become a lean organization, we had to become a ‘mean’ organization when we scaled down from 24 employees to 12 within a span of 2 months. From Hum Saath Saath Hai to Hum Do Humare Do!
6. Out of the 20 internship offers that we rolled out, only 2 candidates showed up! Talk about employment opportunities in India! No wonder this betrayal caused more pain to our HR than her last breakup.
7. When our wall took longer to repair than the great wall of China took to build. It’s probably because we are running on “Bengal” time. FYI, it’s still not complete, well, neither is the Kolkata metro.
8. No goal is absurd till you believe in it. This idea went to a completely different level when one of our interns confessed her goal for 2017 is to achieve the most perfect jawline. For those who don’t know what a jawline is, it’s that bone which got lost under your double-chin!
9. When we celebrated Halloween at work and looked nothing less than the crew of a low-cost production house from a Horror-Comedy play. Anyone remembers AAHAT from SONY?
10. When a candidate thought we are a poster making company because of this poster he saw in the waiting area. Just imagine, this is what we have to go through during our recruitment cycle!
11. When our workstation looked nothing less than a Las Vegas Casino. Except, it was month end, so nobody had the money to gamble. But, we sure did have fun!
12. When someone thought height was essential to qualify as a teacher. Yes, we do have certain criteria to register as a teacher, but height is definitely not one of them! Our only question to her is “What do you exactly teach??”
13. Let’s just accept it, we are a bunch of hooligans! However, this one time, our loudest employee was so loud that we had to check whether our headphones were plugged in. Guess what we call her now, ‘Doppler’!
14. When our advisor suffered the brutal consequence of a flaming shot. We strongly recommend you let the bartender assist you while gulping down those shots. Especially if you have a wedding to attend the day after!
15. When a 24-year-old male employee refused to be assigned a seat that was in between two women co-worker because he felt ‘uncomfortable’! Parents, if you are listening, co-ed schooling is the need of the hour.
With everything being said and done, we hope 2018 is as crazy (or even crazier) than 2017.
Here’s wishing all our teachers, students and readers a very Happy New Year!