“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” has become the new proverb of the day. In a world filled with geniuses of all kind, academics no longer holds a monopoly. To succeed, you need to be different and to be different you need to be a master in more than one trade.
This is where student organizations in college comes into the picture as they provide the much-needed break from the monotony of classes and lectures. The general perception about these committees are that, they are a great way to “bunk classes”, to receive “extra attendance” and to become a part of the “cool college gang”. But ironically, these organizations end up doing much more than all of this.
Have you ever wondered what makes your CV so distinct, for your dream company to hire you? Like me, I am sure you must have. Well, one of the best ways to increase your chances happens to be enhancing your resume in every possible way. Here are few ways organizations and committees of your college can play a role.
- They help you assume positions of responsibilities and make your extracurricular background immensely attractive and strong. Companies are on the lookout for individuals with versatility and taking part in societies provides you with this impetus.
- One of the most important resource for any organization happens to be their employees. Developing your people skills and communication prowess can go a long way in uplifting both your professional and personal life. And, what better time to upgrade these qualities than your college life with the best part being that you don’t even have to hunt for opportunities, they are lying there in wait, and it seems just for you!
- The kind of interaction one can have while organizing events or participating in them is one of a kind. It helps to boost confidence, augments creativity and develops sound decision-making abilities; all of which are hallmarks of a true manager.
- A very wise man once said that “Goals are dreams with deadlines” and I feel that the companies of today are a staunch believer of this. Working constantly under pressure and time constraints are a part and parcel of the corporate world and knowing how to deal with them makes you a very sound proposal for the corporate haunches.
- One of the best learnings that one can acquire from the student organizations of their college is performing efficiently and effectively amidst the deadlines and emerging a winner out of the same.
The basic objective/dream of every college graduate is to land a good job right after college and hence, all the preparations and efforts are done, keeping in mind just that. Where on one hand participating in student organizations are a part of this process, the other more important part being is that they provide you with experiences to cherish forever. The relationships that you build, the events that you organize and the moments that you capture become an integral part of your journey and the memories remain with you, always.