But then how did Neha keep herself motivated?
In her own words, “I was always a person who followed her heart, like when you are true to yourself, when you follow your heart, initially it takes time, sometimes it gets difficult too and feels like you should give up but ultimately I had faith that things are going to work out. You can’t be negative and sit back thinking only about bad things that are going to happen because if you have perseverance, dedication for your work and if you do the absolute best you possibly can, things that you really want will come around.”
“My heart kept pushing me because I knew what I wanted in life, I knew I had found my dream.”
On describing her journey to success, “It’s been 3 years, and yes I’ve been counting…but when I look back I can only smile. I’ve been at shootings till 5 in the morning, gone back at quarter to 7, shot at 2 at night sometimes, then shot again at 6 in the morning. It’s crazy, I crib and complain but then again, I’m only a human!”
It was evident with the enthusiasm and energy that she spoke that she really enjoyed what she was doing, no matter the pains that came by.
“And sometimes, I come back and I’m like, YES!, I’ve nailed it. It feels great when I do a good job, and on the days I don’t, I learn from it and try to improve on what went wrong. I won’t say it was a smooth ride till here, but I’ve always tried to keep a positive attitude towards everything, and that is the what really helps.”
Yes, Neha, we definitely agree! You are an inspiration to many. We all have things we liked to do but never had the courage to pick it up and run with it like you. We hope many more get inspired by you and have the bravado to follow their dreams.
Here is what the Pedagoge Baba wants to tell you as it tries to decode Neha’s success story:
- At the back of your mind, you’re always confident about doing something, you don’t want to stop till you’re done or can spend hours doing the same thing over and over. It’s very important to find that!
- You’ve got to be brave enough to try and do what you want to. As the saying goes, ”you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take”. Go ahead, and take your best shot, take multiple shots and get to your dream.
- You do what you love, but that does not mean you’ll win every time. Even the best were not always the best and didn’t always win. You need to accept failure and move on.
- There is no shortcut to victory. Each day should be a challenge to perform better than yesterday. Your work will speak for itself.
- You should work with the same enthusiasm as when you started on your journey, reminding ourselves that your passion will not fail you. It’s about never giving up!
Success doesn’t comes easy when you’re chasing your passion; we all have to struggle, to fall time and again. The key is to remember that anything you do takes a lot of time, perseverance and hard work, and there is no shortcut to success…but if you keep going there is always going to be light at the end of the tunnel!
As Neha says“…if you follow your heart everything works out in the end.” You have the power to spin gold but only if you have the patience to go through failure, rejection and all the negativity people hurl at you. The road is difficult but looking back it will be the journey you’ll be glad you undertook.