The question that every commerce student asks himself/herself after Class 12 is, ‘What next?’
The world must have scared you by saying,’ So, you’ve taken Commerce? Now you have to either do CA or an MBA. B.Com will not suffice.’ But what if your interest lies elsewhere?
Yes, only doing B.Com will not satisfy all the needs mentioned in the Maslow’s Hierarchy but there’s lot more to explore as a Commerce Student.
Here are few career options which can help you make the choice that soothes your passion!
- Bachelor Degree in Economics – Anyone with great mathematical acumen, logical and analytical skills should consider a degree in economics. You will be placed in multinational banks/media groups/stock exchanges just after graduation and plus a great pay is an added advantage. However, make sure you have excellent marks in Mathematics.
- Cost and Management Accountant (CMA) – The job of a CMA primarily is to perform cost audit. The academic level of this course is extremely high and hard work is the key to clearing all the three levels of the course.
- Lawyer – Do you want to become the ‘Harvey Specter’ of India? Then go prepare for your law degree first. You need to give the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) which take place in April every year to enroll in law institutes.
- Digital Marketing – This is the biggest trend in the marketing industry. The blend of digital innovation and technology has become quintessential for every small or big enterprise in the world. You can go in for a diploma course. If you are a creative person and you are ready to cope up with the dynamism of technology, then this is for you. Don’t worry, the pay also will not disappoint you.
- Actuary – This is one of the highest paying jobs in the world. A very technical and long course consisting of 15 papers requires the right mix of skill and hard work. You need to give the entrance examination, ACET, and then the 15 papers.
- Design – Want to weave clothes that tell stories? Fashion and Textile Design is here for you. The added bonus here is that you don’t need Mathematics. Unleash your creativity and prepare for the entrance examination of your dream institutes.
- Hotel Management – Getting a diploma or a degree in hotel management and internships will help you to get a job in the best of hotels. Sounds exciting? Start preparing for the entrance exams of IIHM now.
- National Defense Academy (NDA) – All those with an undying passion for serving the country should appear for the written exam by UPSC for entry into NDA. Here, the cadets of the Army, the Navy, and the Air force train together before they go on to train in their respective service academies.
- Government Jobs – If you like flexible jobs, then this is for you. You can get a job of accountant, IBPS bank clerks, police constables, etc.
- CFA – Financial Analysts are required in areas of corporate finance, investment management, and financial services. It has three levels and can be completed in 3 years.
Here are few more options you can consider:
After choosing the right option comes the next important part, the right guidance. It is said. ‘Teacher is our second mother.’ I would say, second father too. A right teacher will make perceive your subject the right way and give you insights about how things work in the corporate world.
Pedagoge helps you find the right teacher.