School is the primary source of education, however, we cannot deny that it is also the soft skills we learn from the teachers which help us in the long run. Many of us are on the lookout for capable teachers who would help shape our future but, sadly, we’re clueless about where we could find them.
With the advent of technology so much of our everyday life is getting digitized. At Pedagoge, we visualize the same change when it comes to learning or taking a private class. Bringing forth the same ingenuity when it comes to word of mouth or a personal recommendation is not an easy task, it requires a way to share our experiences, positive or negative, in order to help someone to learn better. We aim to get this done here at Pedagoge. You can simply log on to pedagoge.com, search for your subject of interest and discover a community of teachers and students, all of which coalesce to help you choose a teacher right for you.
We make an effort to go through reviews for products like shoes, clothing and even cars to ascertain their quality, yet we fail to do the same when choosing a teacher. A teacher that is so important in not just imparting knowledge but also teaching life values does not fit into this category.
Surely, you are grateful to your teachers for having shaped your mind and contributed to your success! We want you to share your experience that would in turn let others benefit the way you did. We encourage you to post a review for your teacher on his/her profile, keeping in mind some parameters that students look for in a teacher. Student generated evaluation facilitates recognition and at the same time increases your teacher’s presence on Pedagoge.
Do keep these things in mind when posting a review about your teacher:
- Cooperative – It’s a teacher who never turns down a query and feels it’s his/her responsibility to feed your curious mind. Let the world know about it!
- Clarity – When teaching, his/her way of explaining concepts can be easily understood, whether you’re a student with a weak or strong base in the subject.
- Composure – Patience is the key to success when it comes to reiterating the same concept again and again till it’s understood. Whether the class is noisy or mischievous, the teacher handles it without losing their cool. Appreciate them for their composure.
- Coolness – It’s one thing to be relatable but another to be a teacher, mentor and at times a friend. He/she manages to make the classes an experience which you look forward to.
Do keep these things in mind when posting a review about an institute:
- Quality – An institute is a much larger place of learning with a lot of teachers. Do the teachers provide lessons in an engaging manner?
- Infrastructure – Adequate infrastructure is a major motivator for students when choosing their place of learning as an institute. Learning new concepts isn’t necessarily an easy thing, why make the experience worse with bad infrastructure. Neat washrooms, adequate teaching area, parking space, audio visual aids could be some determining factors.
- Cooperativeness – In an institute we not only deal with the teachers but also the support staff. Are your concerns addressed in time? Are they accommodating or flexible or considerate of your situation?
- Delight – Making the learning experience one that you enjoy and look forward to is the sign of a good experience. Help future learners know where they could learn best.
The feedback mechanism is designed to have subjective reviews for all the teachers listed with us, so that taking classes with them can be made easier.
To post a review for your favorite teacher on Pedagoge, watch this link.
We believe in spreading positivity and fostering a transparent learning environment. This is the reason that we have a dedicated team that works on maintaining the quality of reviews on our website. We carefully sieve through each and every review to ensure their ingenuity:
- An individual, be it a parent/student has to register on our website in order to review or view the full profile of a teacher. This will help us avoid random/spam users on our website and increase the credibility of the review.
- It takes up to 48 hours for us to post the review on our website. This is due to the verification process involved before posting a review online. Users can change/edit/call back their review within these 48 hours if they wish to do so.
- If a student rates a teacher below three stars on any of the above mentioned parameters then leaving a written review is compulsory. This makes sure that a rating is met with a detailed explanation as needed.
If the review posted is controversial or a hate post, it is taken up with both the stakeholders. We do our best to have the most accurate reviews possible. This helps foster a transparent way of learning and giving feedback.